During the winter months it is so important to be prepared for possible emergency or disaster situations. The last thing you’ll want, should we run into severe winter weahter is to have to go out then to get the items needed to ensure the protection and safety of you and your famil. With this in mind, we at Prorestore DKI in Grimes would like to help today by providing a list of important items you should be placing in an emergency kit, especially for the winter months.
– Stay stocked up with nonperishable food items, such as canned or boxed food
– You’ll also want to include bottled water and a lot of it, remember that you may also have to use it to help stay clean
– A first aid kit and other hygiene related items, including medicine, bandages, toothbrush, toothpaste and the like
– Flashlights and extra batteries are going to be important
– If you are able to find a battery powered cell phone charger, that can also be an excellent addition to your kit
– You may also want to have a battery powered radio to stay connected to what is happening
– Matches and kindling for your fireplace, for cooking and keeping warm
– Similarly, you’ll want to be sure to have some extra blankets, scarves, and gloves
Bottom line, make sure that your home stays well stocked in case there is severe winter weather. If you should find that your home has been damaged by winter weather, remember the experts at Prorestore for property restoration in Grimes. Give us a call to find out more about how we can assist you, (888) 846-6505.