Protecting your family is something you likely take very seriously. You ensure that you’ve got fire extinguishers in your home and that you know how to use them properly. You’ve also probably already gone over fire drills with your family and are sure everyone understands his or her role, remembering that we are here for you for fire damage repairs, just in case. Have you considered how your family would handle a situation, were you to be evacuated from your home? ProRestore Property Restoration in Grimes would like to help you with that today by providing you with a list of important tasks to remember in case of evacuation.
Things to Bring:
- Remember that you’ll want to take certain items with you to ensure that your family is well taken care of on the road or in a shelter you plan on staying in:
- A batter powered radio to always maintain aware of the situation
- Cell phone chargers, in case you’re given the opportunity to charge your phone
- Any prescriptions or regular medicines you or someone else in your family takes
- If you have an emergency or first aid kit, you’ll want to bring that as well
- Lastly, if you have pets, be sure you have a place to take them-you don’t want to leave them there if possible. Remember that you can call ahead and make arrangements with a shelter or pet hotel in your area
Protect Your Home:
- Depending on the amount of time you have before it is necessary to evacuate, you may be able to board up windows and doors in your home to try to avoid rain or wind from getting inside. If you don’t have the time to do so however, you can come to ProRestore for water damage repair in Grimes
- You’ll want to be sure to unplug as many of your appliances as possible so that you can save them from being damaged in any power surge
- Leave a note in the home in case anyone comes to check on your family, letting them know you’re safe and have gone to a shelter or to another location
- Be sure to lock up behind you, as you are leaving
Once you come back from a natural disaster, it is possible that you’ll find your home differently than when you left it. Whatever you are dealing with, from water damage repair to fire damage repair in Grimes, we’ve got you covered at ProRestore Property Restoration. Be sure to contact us to see how we can best help your family return home well, (888) 846-6505.