With the weather we’ve been having here in Grimes, we’re depending a lot on our clothes drying machines. Still, in order for them to keep providing us with warm, cozy clothes, we need to maintain them properly.
Failing to do so can turn out to be a disastrous event. This is because the lint from our fabrics builds up, blocks the airflow, and causes the motor to overwork, which can result in a fire. In order to help you keep your home safe, ProRestore DKI in Grimes will share a few tips so you can keep your dryer in mint condition.
How to Maintain and Clean Your Clothes Dryer
- Before you start cleaning out your dryer, make sure to unplug the dryer and to move it away from the wall so you can work on it effectively and safely. Likewise, read your dryer’s instructions to learn how to maintain your own model properly.
- Then, remove the lint tray to wash it thoroughly with mild soap to remove any fabric that may be grabbing on to it. Allow it to dry completely before putting it back in the machine.
- Next up, you should take your vacuum out and, after attaching the appropriate nozzle for the job, clean out all of the fluff that could be situated inside the lint trap in your dryer.
- After that, it will be time to take care of the vent pipe or hose (which is the one that goes from your dryer and into the wall). Lint may have strayed and gotten in there, so detach the pipe and use your vacuum again to clean it thoroughly.
- You can also use this time to clean your dryer from any dust. Moreover, make sure the area around it is free of any dirt, debris or lint, or that there are no flammable materials close to your dryer.
- You’re almost done! All you need to do now is restore your dryer: re-attach the vent pipe, move the dryer back to its place, put the lint trap in, and plug it once again.
- Finally, you should call a technician once in a while so they can professionally inspect your dryer and keep it working properly. By doing so, your dryer will be with you for longer, providing the service you need.
Call (888) 846-6505 for Expert Property Restoration in Grimes
If a fire (smoke, water or mold) has affected your home, trust in ProRestore DKI to get it back to its original glory. We are experts in property restoration, which is why you can rest assured that we’ll provide the service you require. Contact us to get a free estimate.