You know that ProRestore DKI in Grimes is here for all of your home restoration needs, but before you ever get to that point, we would like to help you find creative and fun ways to keep your home clean and healthy! Do you know that there are so many natural cleaners you can make in your home, for your home? Not only do they work, but they also ensure that your family is not ingesting anything harmful to them. Today we’d like to give you a few suggestions on cleaning for one of the most important room in your home, the kitchen.
Making an all purpose cleaner, meaning that you can use it in virtually any room of your home, is an excellent place to start. You’ll need lime, orange, or lemon peels-of course you could consider using all three depending on your personal preference. You’ll put only the peels into a jar, then continue to fill the jar with vinegar. Place a lid on it and allow it to sit. The longer it sits, the stronger it will be. The average should be between 2 and 3 weeks. Strain the liquid into a bottle with a spray top and get ready to use this powerful, all natural cleaner. *You can dilute the mixture with water and use it as a glass cleaner. You can also consider cleaning floors with it. It is not recommended that you use this cleaner on granite countertops.
How about an all natural dishwashing soap?
– The first thing you’ll need is some of that all purpose cleaner you’ve just made-of which you will add 1 teaspoon to the mixture
– Next you’re going to add ½ cup of castile soap, it is recommended that this is unscented, as you’ve already got a citrus smell from your cleaner
– However, if you think it isn’t quite scented enough, add about 4 drops of your favorite (probably citrus) essential oils
– Add an ⅛ of a cup of water
– Lastly, you’ll mix the ingredients together and put them in a liquid dish soap bottle or hand soap dispenser for easy distribution
If you’re among those of us who likes to clean your produce before giving it to the family, you can easily make an all natural fruit and vegetable wash. You’ll need:
– half a cup of white vinegar
– one tablespoon of baking powder
– one tablespoon of lemon juice
– lastly, 1 cup of fresh, filtered water-it is important that the water is pure
– Mix the ingredients in a spray bottle, spray directly onto the produce or soak them
– Allow them to stay in the mixture for 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water
We love crock pots. They’re rather convenient, therefore we should treat them with care. There’s a simple way to clean your crock pot. Keep in mind, when there is baked on food, it’s going to take a bit more force.
– ⅔ of the crock pot should be filled with water
– add ¾ of a cup of distilled vinegar
– cover and “cook” on high, leaving it on for a few hours
– Remember that applying a little elbow grease may be necessary for stubborn food
Next to our crock pots, the coffee maker is an ever important kitchen appliance. There is an exceedingly simple way to ensure that your coffee maker stays nice and clean.
– Put 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar in the machine
– Run the cycle as if you were making coffee, you do not need to use a filter, but if you have a reusable one you can put it in there to clean that too
– You’ll notice the water is a cloudy color, that means it’s working
– Run the machine at least once more with just water. This will help to ensure all of the taste of vinegar is eliminated from the machine
It’s not only important to keep your kitchen clean, it’s also important that it’s safe; follow our guide to kitchen safety to ensure you avoid any potential risks.
While maintaining the cleanliness of your kitchen with these great new methods, you might notice there is something in your home that needs a professional clean, or perhaps even restoration. If that is the case, don’t forget about us at ProRestore DKI! Give us a call at (888) 846-6505 if you require property restoration in Grimes.